Owner of Pinnacle Fitness/Certified Personal Trainer
Luke moved to Arizona in 2006 to pursue his dream of making the 2008 Olympic team as a discus thrower. Injuries ultimately hampered his training so, despite qualifying to compete at the 2008 Olympic Trials, Luke chose to listen to his body and prevent further damage. After dedicating 20 years to training and competing, Luke officially retired from competitive discus throwing in June, 2008.
Now Luke’s focus is dedicated solely on changing peoples’ lives through fitness. Using the success he created over the past (9) years of transforming personal-training clients of all body types, Luke launched Pinnacle Fitness.
Fitness has always been a part of Luke’s life. As a teen, he was a three-sport athlete in his hometown of Verona, WI. He used his athletic abilities to earn a full scholarship to UCLA to compete on their Track & Field team, eventually being named Team Captain in 1999 and achieving All-American status four times during his collegiate career with the Bruins!
Luke stays connected to his hometown roots in Wisconsin – his parents maintain their residency in Verona as does his older brother. He continues to develop young Wisconsin throwers through two annual throwing clinics and guest speaking engagements at schools and banquets.
Luke’s Certifications & Achievements
- Certified with a CSCS( Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist) by the NSCA( National Strength & Conditioning Association)
- CPR & AED Certified by The American Heart Association
- USATF Coaching Education Level 1 Certification
- 2000 & 2004 US Olympic Trials Competitor in the discus.
- Top 25 USA Track & Field ranking as a discus thrower 1997, 1998, 1999,2000, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008.
- 4 time UCLA All- American in Track & Field
- 1995 Junior Pan-American Discus Champion
- 1994 # 1 Ranked HS discus thrower in USA